The special issue of the journal is devoted to the specifics of addressing the past in the conditions of the cultural frontier. The concept of frontier has long ceased to be associated exclusively with geographical boundaries, becoming an ontological characteristic of the existence of local communities and individuals in the modern world. The border state imprint not only on the interaction of communities with each other, but also on the formation of new memorial practices, which turn into a specific way of communication - not only with the past, but also with the present and the future. The articles included in the issue reveal complex and diverse ways of superimposing collective memories on the border cultural landscape, as well as demonstrating methodological, historical and cultural aspects of the analysis of cultural memory in the context of frontiers research.
Guest Editor: Daniil A. Anikin, PhD, Associate Professor, Moscow State University. Moscow, Russia / Saratov State University by N.G. Chernyshevsky
We are glad to welcome you on the website of our onlinАe “Journal of Frontier Studies”.
The editorial Board of “Journal of Frontier Studies” is pleased to announce that by the decision of the Presidium of the higher attestation Commission of the Russian Federation dated 12.26.2019, our journal was included in the top list of peer-reviewed scientific publications, which should publish the main scientific results of dissertations for the degree of candidate of science, for the degree of doctor of science in the following specialties:
07.00.02 - Russian history (historical sciences);
07.00.03 - General history (historical sciences);
24.00.01 - Theory and history of culture (historical sciences)
This project is a truly ambitious initiative, serving to disseminate scientific knowledge and information on Frontier, borders and borderlands and Intercultural communication in contact zones (history, cultural studies, anthropology, philosophy, etc.).
We used the epithet ambitious for a reason, as from the very beginning of its origin and preparation it is indeed such. The project was initiated in 2015 by a small group of university scholars whose area of interest was the aforementioned scientific research.
In this project we have laid down very important principles: science, sociability, openness. We believe that a modern scientific journal should be guided by two important principles: to meet the requirements of SCIENCE and the interests of authors and readers. That is why we have done the following:
1. We have gathered for our project a truly international team of like-minded people from all over the world: Europe, Asia and America.
2. Taking into account the fact that the frontier is an international problem, we chose English (international language of science) and Russian (as the project is an initiative of Russian scientists) as working languages of the online edition. This gave an opportunity to Russian scholars, who know English, to bring their scientific achievements to the world scientific community, and foreign scholars had an opportunity to publish their works not only in English, but also in Russian.
3. Openness, availability and criticism. All manuscripts submitted to the publishing house undergo double blind review, which is the fundamental scientific and ethical principles of our project. The digital nature of modern international communications has enabled us to choose the online variant of publication of articles (without physical printing). Therefore, our journal is part of the Open Journal Systems, which allows us to perfectly organize the whole publishing process, but also makes it possible to o access information. After all, the reader gets the opportunity to download any article from our site for free. We believe that only the open exchange of information will allow mankind to make a serious breakthrough in the development of science and technology.
4. Using OJS platform enabled us to automate every step on the way to publishing scientific articles through user registration system and automatic manuscript processing with online review, feedback, etc.
5. We work on the principles of strict confidentiality and careful attention to personal data of users. Therefore, the names and email addresses of authors of this online publication are used exclusively for the purposes indicated by this online publication and cannot be used for any other purposes or provided to other persons and organizations. In addition, this principle allows to maintain a high level of criticism and impartiality when reviewing manuscripts submitted to the editor, since reviewers can not see the authorship of a particular work. The objectivity of the review is verified by double or sometimes even triple reviews, which avoids one-sidedness when working with those manuscripts that by their nature may go beyond one discipline or traditional approaches that are dominant at the moment. Our main principle that we focus on is SCIENCE.
6. In the “Submit an article” section, any author can independently familiarize themselves with the requirements for the design and submission of an additional document package and submit their papers.
7. In the section “About the Journal” anyone can get acquainted with the main goals, objectives and functions of the project. There is also information about spheres of knowledge within which we accept research papers.
Dr. Serguey N. Yakushenkov
The journal is indexed in: